Peru and Bolivia: Machu Picchu to the Salt Flats 16D / 15N
A timeless introduction to Peru exploring Lima, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Cusco
We create fully personalised trips from start to finish. From locations to accommodation and guides, everything is selected to suit you.
We give back to two regional charities from the profits of each one of our trips.
From expert private tours to restaurant reservations, we take care of every detail so you can make the most of your time off.
Use our trip ideas to inspire your bespoke experience
South America is filled with awe-inspiring wonders, and on this journey through Bolivia and Peru, you’ll experience an introduction to some of its highlights. Learn about Peru’s storied past in the former Inca capital of Cusco before immersing yourself in the Amazon during a stay in the heart of the jungle. Hike the Inca Trail-or catch the scenic train – to the ancient and endlessly fascinating Machu Picchu; then travel to Bolivia to see striking sights like the Uyuni Salt Flats and colonial cities surrounded by soaring Andean peaks.
- Explore the iconic citadel of Machu Picchu with an expert guide.
- Get creative with photo ops on the mirror-like landscapes of Bolivia’s Uyuni Salt Flats.
- Stay at an eco-lodge deep in the Amazon jungle, and spot wildlife with expert naturalists.
- Experience life at a traditional Bolivian hacienda high in the Andes.
- Accommodation: Hotels (9 nts), G Lodge Amazon (2 nts), Inca Trail camping or Cusco-stay hotel (3 nts), Hacienda/farm (1nt).
- Meals: 15 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners
- Transport: Private van, plane, train, boat, canoe, hiking, 4 x 4 vehicle.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Cusco Planetarium, Cusco
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Traditional Andean Experience, Urubamba
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: La Paz Culinary Experience, La Paz
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Bolivian Hacienda Experience, Potosí
- Your G for Good Moment: Parque de la Papa (Potato Park), Urubamba
- Your G for Good Moment: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay
- Your G for Good Moment: Jukil Community Experience & Lunch, Santiago de Agencha
- Arrival transfer
- Three-day (2 nts) excursion to the G Adventures exclusive rainforest lodge
- Sacred Valley tour
- Choice of four-day Inca Trail hike with local guide, cook, and porters or Cusco/Aguas Calientes stay with scenic train
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- La Paz city tour
- Sucre orientation walk
- Excursions to the Uyuni Salt Flats
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
DAY 1: LIMA